Saturday, September 29, 2012

A First Attempt at Double Chocolate Chip Brownies

Well, the batter looks good...

These did not turn out well for one reason only - the chocolate I used.

Instead of using melted chocolate chips, I found some semisweet and unsweetened chocolate frozen in the freezer... that was probably a million years old.

It made all the brownies taste like vinegar.  I am not joking.  VINEGAR.

I'm sure if I had had the ingredients, these would have been awesome.  Which is why I'm not giving up yet!  (Hence the post name: First Attempt!)

Yes, these are only my first attempt.  I will be making another, probably in a month or so.  Halloween brownies, anyone? ;)

Here's the recipe, but I'll break it down for you anyway:
Melt chocolate and butter - and don't use unsweetened or old semisweet!
 Stir in eggs...
 Stir in flour...
 And sugar and baking soda and vanilla...
 Then stir in your chocolate chips.
Bake about 22 minutes at 350 degrees in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
They look good, and the texture is absolutely PERFECT, but just remember to use the right kind of chocolate if you're going to try to make these!
-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...