Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Missing Thanksgiving Recipes

I made a total of three baked goods for Thanksgiving 2011, which turned out to be two too many - for the Thanksgiving crowd, that is.  The leftovers turned out to be the best of the three. :)

So first, for that traditional Thanksgiving dessert, there was the pumpkin pie.  No pictures, sorry. :'(  The recipe is Eagle Brand's Perfect Pumpkin Pie, found here.  There were no leftovers! :D

At a Halloween party the other year, I had pumpkin bread for the first time - with chocolate chips.  Which, of course, made me fall in love with it, being the chocoholic that I am.  So I had to try to make a few loaves myself.  I used this recipe, from Taste of Home.  The results were good, although it couldn't compare to the chocolate chip pumpkin bread I'd had at that party.  The crust was rather dry and the chocolate chips were rock-hard, but the taste was good.

And finally, my crowning achievement of the day, brownies.  Ah, those brownies.  (Which turned out to have been totally unnecessary, as there was a whole batch of other brownies already - but these were better by about a thousand times XD)  I'd had half a jar of caramel topping left over from a cookie bar recipe, and I needed something to do with it.  So I thought, caramel in brownies, why not?  After searching half an hour for a good recipe, I stumbled upon the best brownie recipe that I'd ever tried: Layers of Love Chocolate Brownies.  Semisweet chips and chocolate brownie and white chocolate chips and pecans and caramel... I don't think I can ever go back to a regular old chocolate chip brownie again.  They are that good!!  Just a note: I expected the white chocolate (I know, I know, the dreaded faux-chocolate - that, I admit, I'm starting to like :O) to be all melted - but it wasn't, and it was awesome anyway.  EAT THIS WITH A FORK.  It's sticky and wonderful and insanely rich and is just the thing for a chocoholic like me. :D  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of anything I'd made, so I'll just have to make these again to snap a few photos... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...