Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Mini Kisses Butter Pecan Bars

I'mmmmm baaaaack!

And soon there will be several pictures of my vacation.  Unfortunately, I don't have a waterproof camera, so I couldn't take any undersea pix... :'(  But I have several nice ones and perhaps a few Look Up pictures, as well!

In the meantime, I didn't even last a whole day before I had to bake something.  Sure, I had one week of really good food and the generally crappy airport fare, but I just couldn't take it any longer.  I had to bake.  Preferably something chocolate.

So, considering I had a bunch of pecans and some Mini Hershey's Kisses lying around, I found the perfect recipe to use those up and satisfy my baking and chocolate cravings: Mini Kisses Butter Pecan Bars.


Mini Kisses Butter Pecan Bars
REQUIRES SOFTENED BUTTER

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
10-oz. pkg. (1 3/4 cups) Mini Hershey's Kisses (or any other milk chocolate chip), divided
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease 8-inch square baking pan or use nonstick pan.
  2. Beat butter in a medium bowl until creamy.  Beat in brown sugar.  Add egg and vanilla.  Beat in flour.
  3. Stir in 3/4 cup Kisses/chips and 1/4 cup pecans.  Spread evenly into pan.
  4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes (25 recommended) or until lightly browned; remove from oven.
  5. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolates over top.  Let stand 5 minutes or until chips/Kisses soften.  Spread with spatula or knife.
  6. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup pecans over top; press in gently with your fingers.
  7. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars, 6 by 2.  12 bars.
Breaking it down:
Beat butter, then beat in sugar...
Add egg and vanilla and mix well...
Beat in flour...
Add Kisses...
...and stir.  Stir in pecans and spread evenly in an 8x8 baking pan...
Bake for 25 minutes.
Sprinkle with 1 cup Kisses...
Let it sit for 5 minutes and then spread the molten Kisses with a spatula...
Sprinkle on pecans and press them into the chocolate with your fingers.
Let cool completely and cut into long, thin bars.
Enjoy!
-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...