Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oreo Pie

OREOS = NOMS


For my mom's birthday, she wanted me to make her an Oreo pie.  Since I'd been dying to make one since December, it's more of a gift for me than from me! ;)

Ever since I saw this recipe on therepressedpastrychef.com, I wanted to make this.  Badly.  So now I have, and hopefully it will satisfy my Oreo craving, too! XD  You can find the original recipe here, but of course I've made some tweaks and notes.

Oreo Pie
1 Oreo pie crust
17 Oreo cookies
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups Cool Whip*, plus more for garnish

  1. Place 12 Oreos in a plastic bag and crush into small-to-medium pieces.
  2. Combine cream cheese and sugar in a medium/large bowl until light and fluffy.
  3. Add Cool Whip and crushed Oreos.  Stir gently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until the Cool Whip and Oreos are evenly distributed.
  4. Spoon into the Oreo pie crust and smooth with spatula.
  5. Scoop a dollop of Cool Whip into the center of the pie.  Cut 4 Oreos in half and arrange them evenly around the dollop.  Take the cookie part of remaining Oreo and sprinkle dollop with cookie crumbs.  (Eat the rest of the Oreo :D)
*Note: I used Lite Cool Whip, and it tasted just fine - with less calories.  You can also use Reddi-Whip or any other whipped topping.

Breaking it down:

Crush 12 Oreos...
 
(I did it with a spoon in a bowl like the original recipe said, but it'll probably go much less messier in a plastic bag.)  The pieces should be about this big:
 Then combine your SOFTENED cream cheese with sugar...
and seriously, use an electric mixer/beater to do this.  For someone who detests taking the "lazy route," this saves a LOT of time.
So now that it's light and fluffy, add the Cool Whip...
and the crushed Oreos...
and stir.
When thoroughly (and gently!) stirred, it will look like this:
Now unwrap your pie crust (unless you've made one of your own and then I am in awe of you and your awesome) ...
Add spoon the filling into it.
Smooth it out with a spatula and garnish as directed or desired. :)
I really liked this pie - and so did my mom! :) Despite only having five ingredients (and one of them Cool Whip) it tasted amazing!
Have an scrumptious day!
-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...